The British Dental Health Foundation has compiled a list of fun facts about individuals perceptions and thoughts about their teeth, they are;
- Half of us brush our tongue when we brush our teeth
- It takes 43 muscles to frown but 17 to smile
- Earrings, business cards, keys, matchsticks, and screwdrivers – just some of the bizarre objects we admit to using to get food particles out of our teeth
- On a night out, 80% of us would be more likely to talk to somebody we didn’t know if they smiled at us
- A ‘smile’ comes top of the things we first notice when meeting a new person
- More than half of us wouldn’t tell a friend or colleague if they had bad breath in fear of risking a friendship
- Teeth/Smiles are rated the second most important attraction feature, after personality, and the most important body feature surveyed (including body shape, height, hair, face, and eyes). In contrast, nearly half the population are unhappy with their teeth (48%), with discolored teeth (64%) the main reason for being unhappy
- More than half of us would share our toothbrush with somebody: 24% to our partner, 18% to our child, 7% to a friend and 6% to a celebrity.
- Almost 60% of us say we regularly floss. However, sales in the UK indicate that the true figure is actually more like 5%
- Most of us cannot remember when we last changed our toothbrush
- One in four thinks that electric toothbrushes are for lazy people while a third believe that they do not have to brush as long when using one
- Chocolate comes top of the foods that make us smile the most, followed then by Sunday roast, a curry, and a fry up
- When seeking a new partner, a smile is top of the most sought after physical attributes, beating body shape, dress sense, and eyes
If after reading some of these facts you feel that you need to better your smile, either by brightening your teeth or having any type of cosmetic dentistry work done in Malaysia, the My Secret Fountain Of Youth team is here to help you achieve your perfect smile and make 2016 your best year ever!